There’s a lot of truth in this cartoon. LOL. It’s Friday so have a great start to the weekend. Cheers.
by: Marta Rojas
Tags: bizarre, Curious, Fun, humor, odd, warped, weird
– Someone once said that there is something very wrong when half the world is trying to lose weight and the other half hopes ever day for a decent meal.
– A few weeks ago I was looking at a list of new businesses that had started up in 2016 in a fair sized city near me. Interestingly there were 3 new donut franchises and 9 new restaurants and 2 new bars and one new manufacturing plant that hired 160 people. Then I see on TV constant ads for new food savers and mixers and cooking implements ….followed not to far after that by infomercials for exercise machines and diets and assorted other weight loss ideas.
– “Become a Witch”…..I’m going to be laughing about that all day. If they only knew.
– The skiers, I did something very similar but it was just trees from a miniature railroad set. That’s all I’m saying.
– Very pretty lady. Ukrainian?
– LOL great wabbit stained glass!
– Ah yes the very effective Molotov cocktail. I experienced one once, late at night in a restaurant. Suddenly I felt heat at my back and the wall in front of me reflected the glow and instinctively I just jumped over the table I was sitting at alone. Everyone got out safely and I just experienced a heat burn like a sunburn. Restaurant was half burnt. Cops arrived, collected info, but I kind of felt they acted as if they already knew what was behind it. I never heard anything after that except for a few rumours that the cocktail was a reminder that the owner hadn’t paid his business security fees for a couple of months.
So it’s Friday and seemingly the weekend will be warmer and sunnier and all around pretty good.
Have a good one,
The lady is from a Slavic site that I visit.
Just waiting here for the refrigerator repair man to come and fix my fridge. I went to get something out of the freezer part of the fridge yesterday and it had stopped working sometime about mid afternoon. I lost 1/2 of the stuff there but the ice cream was saved. Then the fridge part started warming up so everything went into the downstairs fridge and upright freezer. Fresh groceries will be bought after the fridge is fixed and cooled down to the right temperatures.
All that matters was that the ice cream was saved. 🙂
The refrigerator is fixed. I’m a little lighter in the pocket but it’s working again at a fraction of the cost of a new one. I can start putting food back in it in 4-5 hours. The sacred ice cream can stay in the basement freezer for the next day or two.
A while back there was a guy I knew who use to go to auctions and I noticed he bought a fair number of refrigerators. If there was a matching stove, he wasn’t interested, he just wanted big refrigerators. He maybe bought one a month but he never sold them, not that anyone ever heard of. He also lived out in the woods……and I mean……IN THE WOODS! …..as in one road in, same road out, wide enough for one pickup truck and that Private Property sign hanging on the gate….the one with the gun painted underneath and followed by “I Don’t Call 911″……was also a very blunt hint.
He was a nice enough pleasant sort of guy, always wearing denim overalls and rubber boots and his hair was cut using a soup bowl as a template. But he had weird eyes, like dolls eyes and wherever you went it’s as if they were staring at you, keeping an eye on you and I honestly can’t remember ever seeing him blink. He had money though….I remember being behind him at an auction when he was paying for his items (and probably another refrigerator) and he pulled out a roll of bills, 20s, 50’s and 100’s, enough to choke a team of horses. Where he got his money from no one knew.
His pickup, not the greatest looking but serviceable. No one could get near it though because of the alarm system….4 legs, big teeth and about 100lbs of fur! I remember the first time I went over the invisible 6 foot safety zone around that truck and I thought that dog was coming through the side window at me and glass be damned! When no one was around it lay on the floor on the passenger side, but when someone crossed that invisible line…..up he popped out of nowhere like a Jack in the Box…..or more like a chain saw in a box! I’ve seen people who I am sure have broken an Olympic single jump record because of that dog.
I should go back this summer and see if he and that dog are still around, up there, down that long quiet nearly overgrown road with all the refrigerators at the end. We use to privately call him Ed…..as in Ed Gein, but I don’t think Ed had any brothers, despite that there was a very notable resemblance, especially in the eyes.
Y’all have a good one,
Oh no! They lost grandma! 0~0
Dang, that lady has a strong head. Storage containers beware, she is coming for you! lol
I’m glad hear that ice cream was saved, and no melting vanilla, pot holes from a rocky road, lol
Now I am going to start my 4 day weekend, with doing laundry and enjoying the rain for the next four days. Oh well, we will have sunny days soon.
Have a good one,
Mail (will not be published) (Required)
Back to the top | © 2017 ODDMAN.CA | Powered by WordPress.